Crispy Veal Sweet Breads Caramelized Brussel Sprouts, Yukon Gold Potatoes, and Pancetta
- Season sweetbreads with salt and fresh ground white pepper.
- Heat 2 oz of olive oil to smoking point in a sauté pan and sauté sweet breads till crisp and golden on both sides, finish in a hot oven. Remove when done and place on a paper towel.
- In another sauté pan heat the remaining1oz of olive oil and sauté the brussel sprout hearts until lightly browned on both sides.
- Add sugar and allow to caramelize.
- Once the sugar has caramelized add lemon juice to form light gastrique. Then add veal stock and reduce by 2/3.
- Add carrots, potatoes, shallots, and pancetta, allowing cooking for one minute.
- Finish with buerre fondue and chives. Adjust seasoning if necessary
- Warm brussel sprouts leaves with the bacon vinaigrette.
- Place sautéed brussel sprouts on plate ,top with sweetbreads and then leaves.
1 ½ c. Smoked Bacon, brunoise
2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 c. Sherry Vinegar
1 tsp. Granulated Sugar 2tsp.
- Place the diced bacon in a thick bottom sauce pot and render until crispy at a low heat.
- Allow cooling slightly and adding the olive oil, sherry vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Mix well and hold warm or on a steam table.