1. In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan or skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Add onions and bell peppers. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown and softened. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
2. Add ground beef; break apart with a wooden spoon and cook 10 minutes until browned.
3. Pour in Premier Old Vine Zinfandel. Increase heat to high; boil 10 minutes, stirring often and scraping up any bits that stick to bottom of pan. Reduce heat to a simmer.
4. In a food processor or blender, puree crushed tomatoes and chipotle chile pepper until smooth. Add to pan along with beans (do not drain). Stir in chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. If chili is too thick, pour in some beef broth.
5. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasonings as needed, and add more beef broth to thin out as needed. Serve with your favorite toppings.